Don't take the lack of trick-specific likes and prompts as some stealth "no tricks please" preference -- I just don't have many ideas along those lines! I'm working on it, but I don't read a lot of horror or darkfic, so it's easier to identify what I don't want than what I do.
And if this feels a little lacking, you can always go back through my past entries for more thorough letters or detailed prompts if you want. I'm trying not to write an epic for every letter anymore; some of the best gifts I've ever gotten were more about the spirit of my likes/prompts than the letter of them, so I don't want to choke the life out of any ideas you have, but I also understand wanting more than "these two are cute!" I'm just... new to this particular exchange, and not wanting to overdo it.
- Seasonal or holiday fic, and Halloween could go either way; fluff with Halloween parties or goofy costumes, or darker fic with ghosts, the supernatural, etc.
- Team/ensemble gen; there are ships I don't want, but there are no characters I can't stand
- Humor, strong dialog/character voices, banter, flirting
- Art-specific: I don't usually want AU fic, but I love AU art; Western or Victorian or steampunk or pirate designs, superhero or magical-girl outfits, armor, weapons, all that.
- Unsettling atmosphere, ambiguous supernatural elements, events that go unexplained or that can't be adequately explained by existing canon magic/supernatural knowledge
- Post-apocalyptic survivalism, zombie apocalypses, and the like; conveniently, some of my fandoms come pre-installed with canon apocalypses
- For-want-of-a-nail dark AUs where a character makes the opposite decision from canon and inadvertently or unknowingly screws over the world -- the DR1 Bad End is an excellent example, for those familiar
- Unrequested pairings, unrequested setting-change AUs or crossovers
- Embarrassment-squick moments, or humor based off how badly a character is about to embarrass themselves
- Gore, particularly eye injuries
- Pregnancy loss, traumatic pregnancy/birth, stillbirth, etc. It's not a subject I want to see played for horror, including body horror
- Body horror in general, actually
- Yandere or dark versions of characters who don't behave that way in canon
- Cockroaches. Please signal squalor some other way.
- Vampires and werewolves - they generally fall flat for me as either scary or sexy, unfortunately
Tiger & Bunny: Barnaby Brooks Jr.
( Halloween birthday boy )
Dangan Ronpa: Sonia Nevermind, Tanaka Gundam, Nanami Chiaki (SDR2), Nanami Chiaki (DR3)
( Murder school kids )
Free!: Nagisa, Rin, Rei, Gou
( Swimmers and their appreciative audience )
A note about fanart prompts: I am SO BAD at them. When it comes to writing, I know more or less how it works, what you can probably ask a random writer to do and what's out of bounds. Art is a mystery to me. I know things I like seeing -- characters dancing, cool costumes, AU designs, detailed hands, detailed settings, limited-palette art, emotional shippy art -- but I don't know if they fall within the skillset of any given randomly assigned artist. I hope if you did match on fanart, you aren't finding this useless! I know I skimped on the fic prompts, but I don't even know how badly I'm screwing up the art prompts.